1. The Bible. The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments were given by inspiration of God, and are our infallible rule of faith and practice.
2. God. There is one living and true God, revealed in nature as the Creator, Preserver, and Righteous Governor of the universe; yet as one God, infinitely wise and good, whom all intelligent creatures are supremely to love, adore and obey.
3. Christ. Christ is God manifest in the flesh; in His divine nature truly God, in His nature truly man. The mediator between God and man, once crucified, He is now risen and glorified, and is our ever present Savior and Lord.
4. The Holy Spirit. Scriptures assign to the Holy Spirit all the attributes of God.
5. Man. God created man in a state of innocence. Man being tempted by Satan, yielded and willfully disobeyed God, becoming a sinner and incurring God's judgment upon sin. All of Adam's descendants inherit his fallen nature, and have a natural inclination to sin. Thus all men are without God and in need of salvation only provided through Jesus Christ.
6. Election. God determined from the beginning to save all who should comply with the conditions of salvation. Hence by faith in Christ men become His elect.
7. Salvation. Man receives pardon and forgiveness for his sins when he admits to God that he is a sinner, when in godly sorrow he turns from them and trusts in the work of Christ as redemption for his sin. This acceptance of God's great salvation involves belief in Christ's death on the cross as man's substitute and the fact of God's raising Him from the dead as predicted. It is a salvation by grace alone and not of works.
8. Perseverance. We believe that there are strong grounds to hope that the saved will perserve unto the end, and be saved because of the power of divine grace pledged for their support.
We believe that any saved person who has sinned, but has the desire to repent, may do so and be restored to God's favor and fellowship.
Since man, however, continues to have free will, it is possible because of temptations and weakness of the human flesh for him to fall into the practice of sin and make a shipwreck of his faith and be lost.
9. Christ Second Coming. The Bible teaches that Jesus Christ, who ascended on high and sits at the right hand of God, will come again to close the Gospel dispensation, glorify His saints, and judge the world.
10. Gospel Ordinances. Free Will Baptists believe the Bible teaches three ordinances for the church to practice: Baptism in water by immersion, the Lord's Supper, to be perpetuated until His return, and Washing of the Saints' Feet, an ordinance teaching humility